Wednesday 7 November 2012

Supermarket Shelving for Nigeria - in Time for Christmas?


At Shelving4Shops we're always happy to help with planning and designing our clients' shops, providing advice and guidance on layout, budget, shop shelving and shopfittings. So when I received an email on a cold, wet November day enquiring about supermarket shelving for a shop that needed to be renovated and open in time for Christmas, I got my pen and paper ready...

The email read: "We have a large shop in Nigeria and require shelving and fixtures for our supermarket. We are about 90% finished and would like to be open before Christmas," and came with a few pictures and a plan.

Great, I thought, with pictures and a plan this shouldn't take long. It wasn't until I opened the attachment that I nearly fell off my chair.



I thought, we must be talking about another Christmas. I mean, I've visited lots of shops in the past - some with whole walls missing and parts of the ceiling hanging down - but never one in such a raw state, and expecting to be finished and open in just eight weeks!

To add to my surprise, just a few minutes later the phone rang and I heard a faint voice asking: "Did you get my shop plan?"

"Yes," I replied, "But I'm not sure where to start as the drawings are a bit...vacant."

The store owner explained what he needed - shelving for the wall and gondola shelving for the middle of the shop. I assured him we'd do our best to help but that it might be a bit of a rush to be open for Christmas, seeing as there wasn't even a floor in the building yet...

So, after twenty minutes on the phone, a few rough drawings and a bit more information, we managed to send over a plan. All we need to do now is wait for the other '10%' of the shop to be finished! Stay posted and we'll let you know how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment